Songbirds and Finches | Perennials for Birds
These perennials provide a natural food supply of seeds and berries for songbirds and finches. Black-Eyed Susans, Coneflowers, Goldenrod, and the many other perennials on this list are all favorites of backyard birds.
Seeds and berries mature after the plants have finished blooming, so if you’re able to wait until late winter to do any cutting back, you’ll maximize the potential bird buffet.
Read more about planting for birds HERE.
- Panicum virgatum Purple Tears Switchgrass
- Schizachyrium 'The Blues'
- Fragaria virginiana Wild Strawberry
- Oenothera biennis
- Rudbeckia hirta 'Indian Summer' Gloriosa Daisy
- Echinacea 'PowWow Wild Berries' Coneflower
- Echinacea 'Sombrero Adobe Orange' Coneflower
- Schizachyrium scoparium 'Standing Ovation' Little Bluestem
- Echinacea 'PowWow White' Coneflower
- Echinacea purpurea Purple Coneflower
- Echinacea 'White Swan' Coneflower
- Echinacea 'Green Twister' Coneflower