Songbirds and Finches | Perennials for Birds
These perennials provide a natural food supply of seeds and berries for songbirds and finches. Black-Eyed Susans, Coneflowers, Goldenrod, and the many other perennials on this list are all favorites of backyard birds.
Seeds and berries mature after the plants have finished blooming, so if you’re able to wait until late winter to do any cutting back, you’ll maximize the potential bird buffet.
Read more about planting for birds HERE.
- Lonicera sempervirens Honeysuckle
- Lonicera 'Major Wheeler' Honeysuckle
- Lonicera sempervirens 'John Clayton' Honeysuckle
- Lonicera 'Blanche Sandman' Honeysuckle
- Rudbeckia fulgida 'American Gold Rush' Black-Eyed Susan
- Vernonia lettermannii 'Iron Butterfly' Threadleaf Ironweed
- Lonicera 'Serotina' Dutch Honeysuckle
- Solidago rugosa 'Fireworks' Rough-stemmed Goldenrod
- Rubus calycinoides Creeping Raspberry
- Coreopsis auriculata 'Nana' Mouse-Ear Tickseed
- Schizachyrium scoparium 'Smoke Signal' Little Bluestem
- Solidago caesia Blue-stem Goldenrod