Songbirds and Finches | Perennials for Birds
These perennials provide a natural food supply of seeds and berries for songbirds and finches. Black-Eyed Susans, Coneflowers, Goldenrod, and the many other perennials on this list are all favorites of backyard birds.
Seeds and berries mature after the plants have finished blooming, so if you’re able to wait until late winter to do any cutting back, you’ll maximize the potential bird buffet.
Read more about planting for birds HERE.
- Mitchella repens Partridge Berry
- Panicum virgatum 'Cheyenne Sky' Switch Grass
- Fragaria vesca 'Golden Alexandria' Alpine Strawberry
- Echinacea paradoxa Yellow Coneflower
- Rudbeckia triloba 'Blackjack Gold'
- Vernonia 'Southern Cross' Ironweed
- Coreopsis 'Presto' Tickseed
- Pennisetum orientale 'Karley Rose' Fountain Grass
- Aruncus diocus Goat's Beard
- Panicum 'Northwind' Switch Grass
- Lonicera nitida 'Baggesen's Gold' Box-leaf Honeysuckle
- Stipa (Nassella) 'Ponytails' Mexican Feathergrass