South Carolina Native Perennials
Below are perennials that are native to the state of South Carolina. Included on this list are some cultivars (cultivated varieties) and naturally-occurring hybrids that vary only slightly from the parent species.
Some native gardeners choose to incorporate cultivars into their plantings and some do not. You can identify these plants by the addition of an extra name at the end (such as 'May Breeze').
For a more detailed look at South Carolina native plants, please cross-reference the South Carolina Native Plant Society's website.
- Lonicera sempervirens Honeysuckle
- Pycnanthemum muticum Clustered Mountain Mint
- Phlox divaricata 'Blue Moon' Woodland Phlox
- Hardy Hibiscus coccineus Texas Star
- Monarda 'Jacob Cline' Bee Balm
- Lonicera sempervirens 'John Clayton' Honeysuckle
- Eryngium yuccifolium Rattlesnake Master
- Lonicera 'Major Wheeler' Honeysuckle
- Monarda punctata Spotted Bee Balm
- Physostegia virginiana 'Pink Manners' Obedient Plant
- Passiflora incarnata
- Silene virginica Fire Pinks