Maine Native Perennials
Below are perennials that are native to the state of Maine. Included on this list are some cultivars (cultivated varieties) and naturally-occurring hybrids that vary only slightly from the parent species.
Some native gardeners choose to incorporate cultivars into their plantings and some do not. You can identify these plants by the addition of an extra name at the end (such as 'May Breeze').
- Lonicera sempervirens Honeysuckle
- Pycnanthemum muticum Clustered Mountain Mint
- Phlox divaricata 'Blue Moon' Woodland Phlox
- Monarda 'Jacob Cline' Bee Balm
- Lonicera sempervirens 'John Clayton' Honeysuckle
- Eryngium yuccifolium Rattlesnake Master
- Monarda punctata Spotted Bee Balm
- Physostegia virginiana 'Pink Manners' Obedient Plant
- Lobelia cardinalis Cardinal Flower
- Phlox paniculata 'Jeana' Garden Phlox
- Pycnanthemum virginianum Virginia Mountain Mint
- Phlox paniculata 'Robert Poore' Garden Phlox