Butterfly Perennial Plants
The 'Butterfly Favorites' collection is made up of colorful perennials that will attract a variety of butterflies to your garden. Most butterflies are attracted to sun plants with vibrant flowers, but they will also choose pastel blooms if they provide ample nectar.
When planting gardens specifically for butterflies, it is best to plant in larger groups to catch the butterflies' attention. Plant a variety of perennial butterfly flowers with different bloom periods to enhance the chances of bringing butterflies to your garden.
We carry many varieties that begin to bloom starting in spring, such as Phlox divaricata; to summer bloomers, such as Agastache ‘Kudos Mandarin’ and Echinacea ‘Sombrero Tres’ Amigos’; to late season bloomers, such as Boltonia ‘Snowbank’; and all season bloomers such as Scabiosa ‘Butterfly Blue’ and Calylophus ‘Prairie Lode’.
It is also a good idea to plant butterfly host plants, such as Asclepias incarnata and Asclepias ‘Ice Ballet’ that provide food for butterfly larvae. With over 30 years of experience growing perennial butterfly plants, we’re proud to provide native, uncommon, new and exceptional perennial plant choices for your butterfly garden.
- Liatris microcephala Dwarf Blazing Star
- Verbena canadensis 'Homestead Purple' Vervain
- Verbena bonariensis 'Lollipop' Brazilian Vervain
- Allium cernuum Nodding Onion
- Agastache 'Blue Boa' Hummingbird Mint
- Agastache 'Black Adder' Hummingbird Mint
- Agastache foeniculum 'Golden Jubilee' Anise Hyssop
- Monarda 'Purple Rooster' Bee Balm
- Phlox paniculata 'Robert Poore' Garden Phlox
- Phlox subulata Running with Scissors
- Polemonium reptans Jacob's Ladder
- Thalictrum aquilegifolium Black Stockings Meadow Rue